How much does it cost to join AboveBoard?
- AboveBoard is free to all members!
How do I join AboveBoard?
- You can apply to join AboveBoard by using this link: AboveBoard Platform
- You will be asked to submit your name, email, and LinkedIn. Upon completion your application will be sent to our member review team to ensure you meet the Membership Admission Requirements
Who qualifies for AboveBoard membership?
- AboveBoard is available to executives VP level or above, or operating in similar roles.
- For more information on our standard membership admission requirements, feel free to use this article: Membership Admission Requirements
How long does it take for my application to be reviewed?
- Once submitted, a member of our Team will personally review your application within 1-2 business days.
- We’ll then send you an email with updates on whether your application was deferred or accepted for membership.
What is the Membership Application review process?
- AboveBoard’s Success Team manually reviews each and every application that comes in. They use the information applicants have outlined on their LinkedIn profiles to determine if their experience matches our Membership Admission Requirements.
- Once reviewed, the team will make the decision to either defer an application and provide reasoning or they will approve for membership.
- Approved members will receive an email with instructions on how to access their account.
My request was denied, but I meet the qualifications of membership. Am I able to ask for my profile to be reviewed again?
- Yes! We at AboveBoard understand that not every business structure will be uniform, so there is a possibility that you qualify for membership on our platform but are denied based on titling or something else that our team saw in your experience.
- To request your membership application to be reconsidered, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject headline, “Resubmission.” In the email, please include your full name, email you used to enroll in the platform, your Linkedin profile URL or updated copy of your resume/CV, and relevant information on why your experience meets our admission criteria.
Why do you collect demographic information when I sign up?
- Our mission is to give executives unprecedented access to job opportunities. We strive to create a more inclusive executive search process and this is reflected in all of our business initiatives.
- Success, to us, means having a diverse member base. When you provide your demographic information, it tells us if we’ve been moving in the right direction and allows us to continue building a platform that is more curated and personalized to you.
What if I am not actively looking for a new opportunity?
- Even if you are not looking for a new opportunity, joining AboveBoard gives you unprecedented access to executive opportunities alongside board and advisory positions. Your dream job may be looking for someone like you, even if you are not looking for it.
- Also, if you are not looking for a job, there is a good chance that someone you know is. As an AboveBoard member, you can share opportunities with your network.
Creating Your Profile
I have been approved for AboveBoard membership, now what?
- Welcome to the AboveBoard platform! Once your membership has been approved by our Success Team, you will receive a formal acceptance notification to the email inbox that you used to apply for membership. In there, you will find next steps and a link to get started with creating your new profile. If you have not received an email, please reach out to email@example.com.
Who has access to see my AboveBoard profile and contact information?
- Only you and our AboveBoard team have access to your profile and information. We do not share your data with 3rd party businesses or advertisers.
What does it mean to publish my profile?
- After you have completed your profile, there will be a prompt at the bottom right of the screen that says “Publish”.
- A published profile is still completely private to you as a member unless you specifically express interest in a posted opportunity. Only then, after you’ve expressed interest, will the recruiter for that role be able to view your profile. At no point is your profile made available for other members or companies to access. Your profile is only visible to you, our AboveBoard team, and recruiters of the opportunities you have expressed interest in.
- If you make updates to your profile and publish, those changes will be reflected in any opportunities you previously expressed interest in.
How do I update my profile?
- When you log on to the AboveBoard platform, navigate to the menu (≡) icon in the top right hand corner of your browser.
- Click “Profile”, to get a full view of your information and use the +, pencil, and trash icons to expand edit and delete information as needed.
What are some key points members should have in mind when creating their profile to maximize their success on our platform?
- When you are creating your profile, it is important to make it just that … yours!
- Build in as much detail as possible when sharing your work history so recruiters can best understand your experience.
- Ensure you identify what’s really important to you when submitting your preferences for your next dream job.
- These details allow our platform to recommend opportunities that most accurately match your goals and allows recruiters to better understand how your experience could support their open roles..
- To learn more about how to optimize your profile please visit our resource guide: 4 Steps to Optimizing your AboveBoard Profile
How many opportunities are there on the platform?
- We have hundreds of full-time, board, advisory, and interim positions spanning across the globe on the platform currently.
What are confidential opportunities?
- Some hiring companies need to conduct confidential searches. For those roles, we anonymize information on the opportunity. Learn more about how to be considered for these opportunities by clicking here.
What does it mean to “Express Interest” in an opportunity?
- Expressing interest in an opportunity is our version of applying for a role.
- When you express interest in an opportunity a notification will be sent to the recruiter or hiring manager for that role so that they can review your application and determine if you’re a match for further discussion.
- Browse our collection of articles to learn more about what this means, how this process works, and what happens after you have expressed interest.
Is there a limit on the number of opportunities that I can express interest in?
- While you can express interest in as many jobs as you wish, we advise quality over quantity. Our platform’s volume of opportunities allows you to identify the job that best matches your skills and find the perfect fit for you.
How do recruiters play a role on the platform?
- Hiring companies and Opportunity Partners may be using recruiting services in addition to AboveBoard.
- If you express interest in an opportunity where a recruiting firm is leading the interview process on behalf of the hiring company, they will be the first point of contact for that role should your profile be a match.
- All expressions of interest are reviewed personally by a recruiter or equivalent, AboveBoard does not filter expressions of interest through any automated systems.
What does it mean when my interest has been matched?
- A match means that the recruiters working on the opportunity reviewed your expression of interest and deemed that you are a potential match for the role.
- Since every search cadence is different, we encourage the hiring company teams to contact interested members within 1-2 weeks of matching their interest to achieve our goal of creating a more transparent recruiting process.
Why can’t I express interest in an opportunity?
- If you recently joined the platform (within 24 hours of experiencing this issue) and cannot not take any action on the platform, then your profile is still pending approval.
- Even if you have gone through every step of the sign up and are taken to the "Opportunities" page, you have not been granted full access to the platform until you get an email stating that you have been approved. What you are seeing is a public "Opportunities" page that allows you to see how the platform and available opportunities will look from your member view.
- While you are pending approval, you will not be able to view any identifying company or opportunity information. We will be sure to get you a response within 1-2 business days of you submitting your profile information for review.
What is the process when recruiters and companies are reviewing my application for an opportunity?
Once you have expressed interest in an opportunity, recruiters will be able to see your profile with your experience and job preferences.
- Based on this information the recruiter or hiring manager alone determines if you are a match for that particular role.
- If they determine that you are a fit for the opportunity, they will indicate a “match” and will reach out about next steps. If they determine that you are not a match, you will receive an email notifying you that they are moving forward with other candidates for that particular opportunity.
Why haven't I been matched with opportunities that I applied for?
- It is important to note that each opportunity listed on the platform has its own unique set of criteria to meet their company needs and have their own systems for reviewing candidate applications. Although you may not have had success on any open opportunities just yet, we encourage you to continue to apply to roles you feel you are aligned with.
- To learn more about how to optimize your AboveBoard profile, please visit our resource page by clicking here. If you have any additional questions please let us know and best of luck on your continued search.
What is the difference between an Opportunity Partner and a hiring company?
- Opportunity Partners are PE/VC firms or companies that have partnered with AboveBoard to identify high caliber, world-class, diverse, executive talent for full-time executive, board, advisory or interim positions.
- In some instances, Opportunity Partners sponsor hiring companies on the platform. In other cases, the Opportunity Partner is the hiring company.
How to change email preferences for job recommendations?
- You can change your AboveBoard email preferences by going into the platform and navigating to your profile in the top right section of your browser.
- From there you will be able to click “Account Settings” and will be able to select which forms of communication you would like to receive from AboveBoard.
How to change my password?
- You can change your password through two ways in our platform:
- You can click “Forgot Password” at the login page and you will receive an email with reset instructions
- You can navigate to the menu (≡) icon in the top right corner of the platform and click “Account Settings” and there will be an edit option beside your password where you will be able to set a new password
How do I delete my AboveBoard account?
- We are sorry to have you leave our platform, but there are two ways that you can delete your account:
- Fill out our contact form with "Delete My Account" as the subject headline and include your full name and the email address associated with your AboveBoard account in the description. Our contact form can be found by clicking here.
- Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Delete My Account" as the subject headline and include your full name and the email address associated with your AboveBoard account in the email.
I don’t know how to use this platform. Where do I start?
- We created a series of articles, tutorials, and FAQs on the platform to help guide you through any issues you may encounter as well as show you how to make the most out of AboveBoard.
- Feel free to peruse all of our resources by clicking the following link: AboveBoard Resources
I accidentally connected the wrong Linkedin profile to my account. What should I do?
- Email us at email@example.com with the subject headline “Wrong Linkedin Profile.” In the email, make sure to include your full name, email used at the time of signup and the correct Linkedin URL.
My question is not on the FAQ sheet!
- If your question is not answered within this FAQ sheet, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.